Sunday, February 9, 2014

It's about NOW for the Hoyas


Out of My League 

The Hoyas are on a three game winning and hope to continue this streak at home on Monday versus Providence. Hoyanation, the Hoyas are playing with a sense or urgency. The senior's are leading the way, every else is leading in their own ways. This is amazing to see especially after watching your team lose five games in a row something I haven't seen or felt some so many years. I think after the third game the Hoyas loss, I just had to let the tears flow mostly for our team, but soon afterwards I felt better and dug deep inside of myself to understand what was going on. 

I learned from losing my son to cancer was like. These losses was nothing compared to this, so I quickly recovered from the nightmare, and moved on. Thank you Lord. This helped a lot. When I coached, I quickly remembered and in life that after the fall, it's all about solutions. What can I do to make this fall a get back upper and to move on. What do I need to do? How do I need to do it? I've found answers to those questions through deep passion, caring, considerartion and thought. I had to keep it all into perspective. 

After all, you put so much support for your team, but mostly feel for your team out there fighting so hard to overcome adversity, by developing faith in adversity to get a win for their team, and for their fans.We have to realize those Hoyas never doubted themselves, not for one moment. 

They never let up, they fought through the hurt and pain. Mental Strength, Tough Heart! They learned from their mistakes along the way and will continue to but have grasped most of what they need to make it in this stretch run in this journey to the tourney one game a time. They fixed and adjusted what needed to be adjusted. This was heroic and amazing. I thought this was a smart thing to do. I need a GIF of that dish Starks to his buddy Lubick. To me, this was Starks best complete game as true point guard. He is amazing! 

Senior leader Markel Starks and teammates David Allen, D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera 
photo courtesy: Hoya Hoop Club

The guards as a one unit they've figured it out. Clock management, decision making especially under five to three minutes. Guards recognizing how the defensive transition looks off of a rebound. If the defense is not back and set, I'm pushing right pass the defense for quick two. Good push guards! Press, get it back do it again, very quickly. When do slow it down and run a play.  Kicking the ball in the paint and/or attacking. In other words "PLAYING ANGRY AND SMART!" The Gtown guards know how "dangerous" and how important they are and so do other teams. Guards nice low to the ground, eyes and in severe attack mode! 

Speed kills and got me out of my seat! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aaron Bowen's floater in the paint off a shot missed was awesome. Oh, by the way I love floaters.Floaters are very smart shots in the paint. Floaters prevent players from going to far inside the lane getting and getting charge calls. I loved floaters. This again shows me this team has each other backs and wow what a sight to see. 


This young man is a very graceful player, sneaky (on the basketball court ha), very athletic and a winner. He is truly a difference maker for the Hoyas, he's major. Any player that plays great defense for me gets minutes it's just that simple. I remember in the FGCU game, in twelve minute Bowen had (8 pts. 5 rebs.). 

Bowen subbed into the game at the 12:50 mark with score at 50-33.Bowen played a huge roll in the Hoyas comeback with the score 65-56 with 2:17 to go in the game. After an FGCU dunk the score was 67-56, but Bowen wasn't having it he made a tip in at 2:01. Score 67-58. 

After a full timeout called by FGCU Bowen was fouled and went to the line and knocked down two more points to haul his team within seven points. Score with 1:48 to go in the game 67-60. Although the Hoyas went onto lose this game AB proved his value and his dedication to hard work, determination to stay focused and poised during games. Well earned Aaron! 

Great to see my team, the Georgetown Hoyas, playing angry. This is a great sight to see on both sides of the ball, offesne and especially defense. As the saying goes free throw and defense win championships. Photo's credit and courtesy: Christine Burns 
















No comments:

Post a Comment