Monday, September 13, 2010

A great weekend for area sports and players

First off, I would like to give my respects to the 9/11 victims and their families.  I started my Saturday off with a moment of silence and prayer for the troops and their families here and abroad.  Afterwards, I went for my morning swim indoors at my neighborhood recreation center, but the hot tub was broken, not good, but I made it through.  Later during the afternoon, I drove to Columbia, Maryland to my neices birthday celebration.  It was at Copelands of New Orleans, and I ate some crab stuffed shrimps with fries and sweetened ice tea.  I was pretty hungry all due to my swim earlier.  I had a lot of  fun seeing some of my family especially my mom. 


As far as area sports and abroad, it was a special weekend, Maryland's football team won two nice games.  The Redskins won their first game against the conference big time rival the Dallas Cowboys.  USA basketball won a great FIBA semifinal game against Lithuania which was unbeaten at 7-0, 89-74.  Also, Kevin Durant's 38 points broke Carmelo Anthony's record of 33 points in USA basketball.



Kevin Durant scores 38 pts. against Lithuania in FIBA semifinal win

The next day Team USA won big 81-64 in the FIBA 2010 Championship game against Turkey in Istansbul the capital.  It was the first time in 16 years the Naismith  Trophy was brought back home to it's rightful birthplace, the USA!


USA player Derrick Rose receiving the FIBA 2010 Naismith Championship Trophy




FIBA 2010 MVP KEVIN DURANT

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!  USA!
QUEEN
Glidehoyas







No comments:

Post a Comment