Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hoyas, Memphis it is!









VS.


Wow, I knew there was a possibility of the Hoyas (3-1) meeting the #8 Memphis Tigers (2-1) of Conference USA in the EA Sports Maui Invitational. These two teams are scheduled for a regular season matchup in the nation's capital on December 22, 2011.

The Hoyas will be tasked in stopping Will Barton (25 pts. 11 rebounds, 3 steals) and brother Antonio Barton (21 pts.) shot 8-11 from the field in the Tigers double overtime win against the Tennessee Vols (2-2) in the Maui Invitational.. Another player to watch out for Tiger freshman G/F Adonis Thomas (19 pts. 2 blks.) who shot 7-10 coming off of the bench. Last game the Tigers couldn't keep Michigan guards Tim Hardaway Jr. and Trey Burke out of the lane and were disjointed at times on offense. Memphis had just six assists on 19 field goals and shot 33 percent, including 4 of 20 from 3-point range.

It just happens that the Barton brothers' Will and Antonio are from Baltimore, Maryland my adolescent home since I was 12 years old. Also, their mother was one of my best friends in high school (Northern High School, Baltimore, Maryland). We laughed and joked and got into trouble at times, but it was all clean fun. I love those boys of hers, but they are playing my Hoyas. 

The Hoyas steamrolled DII Chaminade and senior Hoya leader G Jason Clark a career high (28 pts.) 4 three pointers and had a field day shooting 10-12 in 24 minutes of playing time. "It's always tough to have a late game and turn around and play early in the morning, especially (since) it was a very intense game, very emotional game," Clark said. "We fought well last night, so some guys are tired, some guys are hurting. But I think that's something that we've just got to play through."

Hoya freshman F Otto Porter (17 pts. 7 rebs. ). He also shot 5-8 from the field and was 6-6 at the free throw line in 23 minutes of play.  It was the second time in four games that Porter led the Hoyas in rebounds. Porter is averaging 10.8 points and 6.0 rebounds.

Senior C Henry Sims had 7 assists. All Hoyas played well and the bench made a good contribution. Would love to see the Hoyas wings sprint down the court as the point guard quickly pushes the ball to score in transition.  Need to see more the jumphooks from the bigs.

Do I have mixed emotions? Of course, it's natural to have those feelings, but I know I am the Hoyas "numero uno" fan, and it's all business with me. Nothing personal. I just want my Hoyas to win. I know they will!

My Ambition (Tats on My Arm) Hoyas warm up song


WE ARE GEORGETOWN!

BEAT MEMPHIS!


gh

No comments:

Post a Comment