Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Big Apple awaits the Hoyas





VS.


Hoyanation and friends, I don't know about you, but I'm in a New York "Empire" State of Mind!

EMPIRE STATE OF MIND HOYAS!
JAY-Z FEAT. ALICIA KEYS

I must say I'm ready for the next game.  The Hoyas just played a game against Big East foe DePaul yesterday.  But today is a new day and I'm refocused and I'm in a "Empire State of Mind!"  I know my Hoyas, Hoyanation and friends are too.  The Hoyas (12-2 1-1 Big East) hustle up to the Big Apple to take on the Big East first place St. John's Red Storm (9-3 2-0 Big East). 

The Red Storm are on a roll in the Big East.  In their last game against Providence, the Red Storm were 29-55 in field goals and shot 4-11 from 3 point range and had 31 rebounds total.  The Hoyas look to put a stop to the Red Storms run on Big Monday on ESPN 7 pm.  St. John's beat both West Virginia Mountaineers. Also beat Providence on the road by 2 points. This marks the s   

The last meeting between to the two teams was on New Year's Eve of 2010 in Washington, D.C., which resulted in a 66-59 Georgetown win.  St. John's shot just 39%.  Senior Chris Wright scored a game high of 21 points for Hoyas in the two teams last meeting.  For the Red Storm, Senior Dwight Hardy led his team with 14 pts. in the outing.  The Red Storm start 5 seniors, so the Hoyas have to be prepared, stay poised, play smart and under control when St. John's makes their runs during stretches of the game.  As long as the Hoyas play with a "sense of urgency" they should prevail in the Big Apple against St. John's.

Allen Iverson scores 39 points against St. John's

WE ARE GEORGETOWN!
Hoyas vs. Red Storm 12/31/10
as former Coach David Cox, freshman to be Markel Starks and Glidehoyas look on (lol, yup that's me with the "G" on my cap cheering my Hoyas in the big payback game on New Year's Eve 2010

Glidehoyas






No comments:

Post a Comment