Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In the end, the Hoyas sink the Pirate's ship with a thrilling 80-75 win



SO DAMN TOUGH HOYAS!
OLE SKOOL
PRIME TIME


Hoyanation and friends, now that's what I call a THRILLER, especially in the Big East.  Some folks used the 
word's scary, heart attack.  I used the word, "Thriller!"  I've been watching college basketball games all weekend and all the, the Big East games have been thrillers, not just this game, but all of the games that I watched, Villanova/UConn, St. John's/Notre Dame, Pitt/Syracuse to name a few. 


Seton Hall took advantage of a sudden shooting slump by the Hoyas with a 19-2 run that gave it a 52-45 lead with 12:13 to play.  I can honestly say for the first time this season, this was truly a "gut" check for the Hoyas.  The played "tough" and they "fought" till the end.  They never gave.  No matter what happened during the game, the turnovers, the runs by Seton Hall, the whatever the case, the Hoyas never gave up, and this is what this is all about. 


Life through basketball, never giving up on a dream, never giving up on a game, never giving up in life.  I'm so proud of my Hoyas.  I know others will think differently, but I respect their opinion, so I hope they respect my thoughts.  I just talked with Jason's mom and she tells me to calm down all the time because I get so hyped about my Hoyas, but I explained it's just enthusiasm and passion I have for my team.  I bet I almost sounded like Dick Vitale, lol.  You know how hype he can be.  The ESPN announcer, Rece Davis, just said, "the Hoyas came wayyyyyy back to save themselves."  Too funny!   The Big East is the just what it is, "THE BIG EAST!"


The #23 Hoyas (14-5  3-4) overcame a big hurdle tonight to beat the Seton Hall Pirates (8-11  2-5) in dramatic fashion.  Once again, senior Austin Freeman (28 pts. 5 rbs. 3 assts. 1 blk) led the Hoyas to a thrilling win. Freeman was 10-13 in field goals, and was 3-4 in 3's.  Chris Wright (17 pts.), Hollis Thompson (14pts.), and Julian Vaughn (11 pts.) scored in double digits.  Junior Jason Clark had (8 pts.).  The reserves only had 2 points which came from freshman Nate Lubick,with (4 rebounds, 1 block and 2 assists).  Excellent passing!  The Hoyas were 29-55 at 52.7% in field goals, and only 6-17 35.3% in 3 pointers.  From the free throw line the Hoyas shot 16-23 69.6%.  The Hoyas won the battle on the board tonight which is a good sign 33-31 and won the assist battle 18-15.



FACES OF THE GUT CHECK, FIGHT!  HOYAS!





 

WOW, LOOK AT AUSTIN FREEMAN'S FACE LOL
I GUESS YOU SAY THESE ARE THE FACES WE WANNA SEE "SENSE OF URGENCY FACE"
  

THE CAPTAIN
COACH JOHN THOMPSON III

Since the Hoyas sunk the Pirates ship, I had to put this song by Lakeside up "Fantastic Voyage" 
We're not the Pirates, we're the good guys, lol!
Let's Go Hoyas!
Hoya Saxa!

FANTASTIC VOYAGE
LAKESIDE

WE ARE GEORGETOWN!

Glidehoyas




1 comment: