Thursday, December 6, 2012

Defense is the key


Glide - Pleasure

More, more, more defense. I always told my teams to say, "I love defense!" You have to have the will to play defense. Defense wins chips! All facts. I wrote an earlier blog talking about defense, but now I decided to write another blog about my team's defense, I'm sure I'll do more  "defense" blogs in the near future. The sense of urgency, communication and point communication on defense continue to be key for the Hoyas. This is the mark of a great team in the making that is truly destined for greatness., but first and foremost the Hoyas know it's all about staying focused and taking things one game at a time.

Sophomore Mikael Hopkins goes up to blocl/alter a Texas' player's shot

Sophomore Jabril Trawick dives for loose ball and gets it

Sophomore Gregory Whittington stretches out to defend shot

Sense of urgency defense being played by the Hoyas

Sophomore Otto Porter goes up for block

Hoyas' defending Texas player

Otto Porter snatches the ball from Texas player

On this play Porter missed a free throw Texas player grabbed the rebound and he hits the ball out of players hands get the ball and scores...what a play

“I would tell players to relax and never think about what’s at stake. Just think about the basketball game. If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus.” - Michael Jordan










No comments:

Post a Comment