Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Don't ever give up, don't ever give up


Don't Give Up - Kevin Rudolf 

Hoyas glide to a 64-41win. As a coach you always tell your teams "don't give up no matter what just keep playing hard something will work itself out through hard work, keep working hard." Let's Go! 


I found myself having to practice what I've always preached when I lost my son, Chavis 2004 to (osteosarcoma a form of bone cancer). Chavis, never gave up I could see it in his face. He was always a fighter. His biggest thing I think he knew was my biggest thing was to graduate from high school. He did a year later than normal. This blog is in memory of my son, also for the Georgetown Hoyas fans, students and team.

This Jimmy V Classic has been phenomenal in 2012, and it's one thing I'll always know, "don't ever give up, don't every give up!" - Jimmy Valvano

The game was a good game for the team. A good game for me and I know it was a good game for you. The Hoyas outpaced the Longhorns and forced many turnovers in the first half, and I think about 11 maybe 20 by games ends. Good to see junior center Moses Ayegba get his first two points of the season, a two handed dunk. Good to see freshman forward Stephen Domingo knock down two nice jumpshots.

 Commentator Jay Bilas said, "Domingo has a nice stroke on his shot," just a moment later Domingo knocks down another jumpshot and Bilas says, "he must've heard me, do you think he heard me." I thought that was very funny. Yeah, but this young man Stephen is gonna be a force to be reckoned with, and it won't be long from now. He's only just begun. Sophomore forward Aaron Bowen basline jam was BAM! Nice. 

Good shooting night for the Hoyas. Good defense. Good to quickly figure out the zone in the second half and attack the paint whichever way they wanted to.The ball moves faster than anything. I like those inside passes and up for two. 

Junior point guard Markel Starks floater was phenomenal! His point guard play is on point. He will keep this up. Once the Hoyas got back up in the second half they didn't look back. Super sophomore forward Otto Porter keeps showing the world why he's the best player in America. He showed an array of moves and defense was major. Yes, the 

Good to see junior forward Nate Lubick back on the court in full force from his previous game injury. He balled out. I wrote on twitter, "attack the zone get a good lead and don't look back," especially in the second half. It's exactly what the Hoyas did, they didn't look back. 

Chavis

Don't ever give up, don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano








No comments:

Post a Comment