Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hoyas travel to the mountains to take on the Mountaineers



@


Focused Hoyas!


Let's Goooooo Hoyanation!
Clap it upppppp!


It's GAMEDAY Hoyanation! The #9 Hoyas (13-1  3-0 Big East) take on the Mountaineers (11-4  2-1 Big East). The Hoyas are coming off another "thrilling" 73-70 win over Marquette. Forward Hollis "Hollywood" Thompson (16 pts. 3 rbs. 2 ast.) put on another "lights out" shooting performance hitting the game winning three ball late in the second quarter against the Golden Eagles. Asked to describe that last, pivotal shot,Hollywood Thompson said: "Um, I mean, I was open, and my teammates found me." Then he paused before adding: "Honestly, I don't remember." 



"We've said this in jest, but it's true: Hollis' confidence is always flowing. And our confidence in him is always going," said Georgetown coach John Thompson III, who's not related to the junior forward. "We run a play to get him a shot, it goes in, and then his teammates were coming down the court, (saying), 'Let's do this, let's do that,' trying to get him shots."


West Virginia won their last game giving Rutgers their second Big East loss of the season. The Mountaineers one loss in the (BE) comes from Seton Hall. "I couldn't get a look the other night," Bryant said. "I just had 34 against Villanova the game before, so they knew not to give me a look. Every open look I got, I didn't make it.
"I think (the Seton Hall loss) was just a lack of focus by our whole team, and especially me coming out not ready to play. Tonight, we came out ready to play."  Darryl Bryant led his team with 29 pts. Kevin Jones 14 pts. 14 rebounds in last win. 15 points came from the bench but only from two players. Mountaineer bench could be a non-factor in game against the Hoyas.

Hoyas are a mission it's as simple as that. They are taking things step by step. Coach Thompson and staff are doing such an amazing job our Hoyas. What we're seeing is thrilling, amazing, magical and any other great word you can think of. Let's Go Hoyas Beat Dem Mountaineers!

Hoyanation, sorry so late. I wasn't feeling well last night. I'm pumped now for this game, so let's keep chanting, "Let's Go Hoyas, Let's Go Hoyas Let's Go Hoyasssss"

"One game at a time and the Hoyas will shine in time" 


gh










Wow, what a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment