Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hoyas maintain their "intensity!"





Relentless Forever

As I walked from my job in the nation's capital to the Home of the Hoyas (Verizon Center aka "phone booth) I was thinking about the game to be played against Liberty and what the Hoyas had to do to win. Of course they had to come out of the gate strong, but I think more importantly was to have great "intensity" especially on defense. They did.

When I arrived the arena I was able to grab a new 2012-2013 Georgetown Hoyas poster. Actually, I was able to get a few, so I could bring some home to the kids in the neighborhood or send out to any Hoya fans elsewhere.


It was definitely good to see the Hoyas' full court press. I mean, I love it. The players love it also. It keeps them attentive and loose especially when they get on the offensive end of court. We definitely have the personnel for the full court press.  Gregory Whittington's relentless defense is phenomenal. Once he gets the steal he's rolling out. His ability to push the ball up the court at 6'9" and pass or finish is Magic Johnson like, and people wonder why I gave him the nickname "Lil Magic," but I think he likes Magic better. He continues to dive for loose balls, accidentally knocking over computers on the tables if that's what it takes to get the ball. He's definitely a young man that hustles and his teammates are with him. He's really stepped up since teammate Otto Porter's injury. He's a lot like Otto, "he's everywhere!"

Highlight of the night for me was seeing freshman forward Stephen Domingo knock down his first college points. A two pointer right inside of the three point line. Once Domingo entered the game I was patiently waiting for him to hit a jumpshot. The shot was nice too. Pump fake, off the dribble, knockdown. Nice! There's the photo of his first collegiate points to the left. Always a great pleasure to see my Hoyas, I'm so thankful to see the blue and gray play the game of basketball. Who's next? UCLA! Let's Go Hoyas!  






No comments:

Post a Comment