Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Up next ...Liberty Flames in the Legend's Classic




Liberty, liberty, liberty...give me liberty or give me death! I'm looking forward to going the game and beating Liberty tonight. The Flames are 0-2 so far this year with losses to Richmond (Atlantic 10) and William & Mary (CAA). The Hoyas are looking to go 2-0 very early in the season. I look for our Hoyas to come out and play strong from the start. There is no reason why they shouldn't come out of the gates fast and don't look back. Still trying to figure it all out the Hoyas remain a team that plays together, and from their first official game I saw they still have each other's back. Playing without teammate sophomore sensation Otto Porter proved this.

They could have easily folded if thier focuse was on, "we just our best player," but no, his teammates knew they had to step their games up. They did. Super sophomore Gregory Whittington stepped up grabbing 15 rebounds on both ends of the court mostly on the defensive end of the court. Super freshman D'Vauntes Rivera-Smith stepped up to the challenge knocking down four three pointer's with a total of 19 points for the game. Sophomore center Mikael Hopkins stepped up big in the second scoring 10 of his points in the second half.  The experienced and hard nosed junior forward Nate Lubick has been a man out there. He's had one and a half good games so far this season. Off of a rebound he got tangled up with a Duquesne defender and didn't back down one bit until the referee blew the whistle. The crowd went crazy because of this. 

I love the defense's communicaton and point communication. It's definitely a sight to see  and hear especially this early in the season. I hope they get to 5-0 like my New York Knicks at the present due to their stellar defense.

You have to love the tough sophomore Jabril Trawick's intensity and knowledge of the game. He knew when he had to attack the basket. He knows we need this from him, but would love to see him also shoot the "floater" my favorite shot in the game of basketball. Yes, a floater, not a dunk. Don't get me wrong I love the dunk, but my point guard/guards I love the the floater! Also, it was great to see our junior point guard Markel Starks have a better second half. Oh, don't I didn't see that floater, I did, but it didn't go in, but do keep shooting it. Well, Hoyains, it's about time I glide off into the sunset and get ready for the game tonight, so until later Hoyas Saxa, Hoya Saxa, Hoya Saxa!


No comments:

Post a Comment