Sunday, February 10, 2013

Keep on moving and grooving




Movin & groovin 


The Hoyas seemed to have the motto "one game at a time" downpacked. The old blue and gray traveled up north to visit Rutgers U. Georgetown won 69-63. It was definitely a well needed road win in the tough and gritty Big East conference.

The Hoyas started off pretty strong but Scarlet Knight guard Eli Carter (23 pts.) started knocking down a barrage of three's to keep his team in the game during the first half. The kid was on fire, but I said to myself, "Carter, would have to knock down these the "whole" game, and could he do this. No, I said to myself." But the Hoyas managed to hold on. 

I mean what can I say there were so many stories from this game. I think the biggest surprise of this game for many was the great play from sophomore F/C Mikael Hopkins (14 pts.). With the amazing patience and belief in Hopkins of the coaching staff is "unbeliveable."

This is what it's all about. Development. In the classroom and on  the court. Hoyasaxa, on that one Hoyanation. Hopkins aka Big Slim is shooting the rock higher. I love the kisser's (Raftery) off the backboard, now that's tough, smart and so finessed. Whoa, wait a minute, the PUT BACK DUNK! Welcome to Mr. Hopkin's coming out party. . Hoyasaxa!!! 
The game was a slugfest. You know who's gonna always win that battle. The Hoyas were poised throughout the game.. Rutgers would not back down. It's good to see the Hoyas growing in certain area's of their game during games. 

To me, All American super sophomore F Otto Porter (19 pts. 14 rebs. 4 assts.)  along with his great teammates gets it done in the trenches. I would have to say,"the Hoyas be mugging em out there on the basketball court."  I love it. 

The little tips and pokes and making up for your mistakes by getting the ball back are the little things that add up to the big picture, a championship and life as far as I'm concerned. The Hoyas shot 57.4% for the game in a very tough environment. That's awesome! Hoyasaxa!

"Otto Porter is Otto Porter, that's what we've come to expect from him." Georgetown coach JTII said. "I thought he was terrific. I always think he's terrific. We ran couple playss to get the in his hands and he came through. "He got two big rebounds when we needed him to. He's one of the best players in the country and the best players in the country come through when it's winning time. He's consistently come through when it's winning time.





No comments:

Post a Comment