Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hoyas go 3-1 in Big East Championship game


GOTTA GIVE IT UP - MARVIN GAYE
GOTTA GIVE IT UP FOR MY HOYAS!
HOYAS SAXA BABY!

2010 Big East Tournament Championship game Georgetown vs. West Virginia

Hoyanation and friends, it was a "great" Big East Tournament run by the mighty Hoyas.  Although the Hoyas lost to the West Virginia Mountaineers, I really enjoyed the moments.  Their hearts and courage are well respected you can believe that.  While walking around New York City with my Georgetown gear  on all you could hear is people saying Georgetown, Georgetown, people walking by me saying let's go Georgtown, then I would say my signature two words Let's Goooooo!  (The six o's are my late son's initials in his name Chavis), lol.  Oh, what a feeling, MORE THAN A FEELING!  I really enjoyed seeing Hoyanation and friends at the World's Greatest Arena - Madison Square Garden.  Spike Lee sporting the Georgtown sweatshirt, I was like yeahhhhhhhh Spike.  I was waving my "G" Hoya Saxa towel all day.  I was sitting in front of  former Georgetown president Father O'Donovan, and he was encouraging me to wave my towel, and that really had me pumped up.  I was like ah man, it's totally on now, lol.  I had a great time at the Garden and I love my Hoyas and Georgetown University.

HOYA SAXA!

MORE THAN A FEELING - BOSTON
HAHA LET'S GO HOYAS I GOT MORE THAN A FEELING!

Against a West Virginia team that gave them absolute fits at the offensive end and even more trouble on the defensive glass, Georgetown still nearly pulled off a last-minute comeback thanks to its own defensive effort and overall hustle.

If anything, the lesson as they await their NCAA Tournament fate is that the crisp and, at times, mesmerizing way they play offense is what broadcasters will talk about endlessly and is what will spin the heads of their early round opponents. But, ultimately, Georgetown must be prepared to grind down its opponents and willingly ugly up a game, the way it did late against West Virginia, to make a deep NCAA run.

The Hoyas’ concerns over a lack of focus and their own unpredictability are gone, having been swept into a Manhattan gutter. And their depth and stamina won’t be tested in the NCAA Tournament like it was the last four days. There’s also no shame in losing to a West Virginia team that has been in the top 10 all season long and should be considered for a No. 1 seed.

Greg Monroe, Chris Wright, Austin Freeman and the rest of their teammates can sit down to watch the NCAA Selection Show on Sunday with their heads held high, knowing they’ve done nearly everything possible to restore any lost faith in their postseason potential and knowing that they will be a very, very tough team to beat in the coming weeks.



Hoya Unit

Glidehoyas













No comments:

Post a Comment