Monday, March 15, 2010

Ohio U it is, let the madness begin! The third part of the season will start on Thursday night in Providence, Rhode Island


DANCIN IN THE KEY OF LIFE - STEVE ARRINGTON
TIME DANCE NOW HOYAS!
LET'S GOOOOOO!
HOYA SAXA!

Jubliant Hoyas' Jason Clark, Austin Freeman and Hoyanation and friends watching Selection Sunday 2010 on CBS

Hoyanation and friends, as you know, it's March Madness, it's time to dance.  I got my dancing shoes, do you?  I you do!  Cool!  We're going to dance the night away.  March Madness is like Christmas to me.  Nothing cannot top March Madness esepcially when my mighty Hoyas are about make this run to the 2010 National Championship.  After last season ended I couldn't wait and I knew the Hoyas would have a redemption dream season, yes, part of my dream was for the Hoyas to make it back to March Madness, they did, now, the second part of my dream is for the Hoyas is to win the National Championship. 

I know it's the Hoyas' dream to win a National Championship, I just want to support them in any way I can.  Ever since the Hoyas were little boys they've dreamed about this moment and now this great opportunity to play in the in this prestigous March Madness Tournament and win it all.  The Hoyas work all summer, fall.  All the sprints, all the lifting you do is to get to this," Head Coach John Thompson III said.  "This is why you play college basketball."  This is what dreams are made of.

Georgetown (23-10) will face 14th-seeded Ohio University (21-14), the unlikely champions of the Mid-American Conference in a first-round game at the Dunkin Donut Center in Providence, R.I., on Thursday.  Georgetown missed out on a bid last year and lost in the first round of the National Invitation Tournament.

"I'm ready," said Monroe, named to the Big East's all-tournament team, along with Chris Wright. "I mean, to me, it's a year late, so I've been waiting for this chance. I'm very excited."

While Coach Thompson said his coaching staff planned to spend Sunday night studying tape of Ohio to prepare their players for Thursday's game, Chris "Lumpy" Wright, the Hoyas' junior point guard, was well aware of the Bobcats' leading scorer, point guard Armon Bassett, who played two seasons for Indiana and sat out last season as a transfer.  "They're a very good team," Wright said of Ohio.  " Bassett is a very good point guard and very capable scorer."

"We're very happy to be back in the tournament," junior guard Austin Freeman said. "Everybody is ready to play right now. What we did in the [Big East] tournament has given us a lot of momentum."

Georgetown is a very dangerous that's on a mission - Digger Phelps

20 Years of One Shining Moment
:30 - Freddie Brown jumping into Coach Thompson's arms with joy
                            1:01 - Patrick Ewing cheering his Hoya teammates on in '84 National Championship win
                           1:51 - Michael Graham jumping up and giving Patrick Ewing some dap, lol in '84 National Championship


Georgetown students, Hoyanation and friends running on the floor at Midnight Madness 2009 for March Madness 2010



WE ARE...GEORGE-TOWN WE ARE...GEORGE-TOWN WE ARE...GEORGE-TOWNNNNN!

Glidehoyas


No comments:

Post a Comment