Saturday, January 26, 2013

Coaches vs. Cancer Salute!



We Got The Funk Hoyas Old School Style baby!!! 

A salute to the Coaches vs. Cancer game on ESPN in the nation's capital. An amazging day! What Rocks! The Georgetown Hoyas rocked the house today or shall I the "phone booth" in beating the Louisville Cardinals in a thriller in D.C. 53-51. The game was indeed hyped and very hype. The Hoyas come in the their home white uni's, I thought that was boss! During warmups I could see in it in their eyes, the  confidence, looseness, and jovialness, amongst teammates.


There definitely was something special in the air today inside the Verizon Center  The Hoyas crowd was amazing, cheerleaders, band, student section and the main attraction, and finally the long awaited debut of JJ!!! Salute! JJ busted all of his red and black colored (Louisville) balloons. Give JJ some love Hoyanation!!! Raise up!!! Like to give "The Stonewalls" a big shout out waving the ole blue and gray all game long. Oh, what a sight to see in the "phone booth." 

Super sophomore and junior point guard Otto Porter and  Markel Starks combined for 34 pts. Starks killer crossover stepback jump shot was key and crazy!!! The crowd went into a frenzy. Oh my. It's so great to see our players grow as the season does. Otto also had 12 rebs., 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 block. The Hoyas only shot 19-49 @ 38.8% for the game. 5-17 3's @ 29.4%.

Free throws have been key for the Hoyas this season at high percentages even through the low scoring especially this game 10-12 @83.3%. I love the way this team stepped up today. They wouldn't give into the Cardinals pressure or runs. Turnovers 18 Hoyas, Louisville 10. Redshirt sophomore Aaron Bowen, once again was in hangtime glide mode. That move at 3:36 was crucial! No Cardinal flying but there was a Hoyas doing it haha. The Hoyas outrebounded the Cardinals 32-28. Nice! Keep up the good work fellas! 

Both teams wanted it. The Hoyas came roaring with a sense of urgency. I knew it would be a special day for Hoyanation. Part of my amazing day was having my son's two friend's at the game with me today. To have them experience what I experience watching the Hoyas in action is unmeasured. So glad they could make it. Thanks Brittany and Shandy that was funnnnn haha. 


Me, Brittany and Shandy


We're cheering our Hoyas onto to victory and there's Ricky and I haha

David Gregory from MTP in the house and I'm clapping it up ole me and Dave were over there high fiving it up! 

Stonewalls

Hoyas student section ROCKED IT!

JJ's long awaited debut

Hoyas point guard Markel Starks vs. Louisville's Russell Smith breaking their press

Glidehoyas in action, I didn't mean cheer my Hoyas on so loudly, lady in front of me was Rick Pitino's wife and their son in front of her ...my bad ...

One of my highlights being at the game was the U.S. Air Force Color Guard's performance in the Verizon aka "phone booth" AMAZING! Go USA! 




The Hoyas would not be denied!!!  Hoyasaxa! Together, We Are Georgetown! 

No comments:

Post a Comment