Friday, January 4, 2013

Big East time!



SHOWDOWN

The Furious Five Meets
The Sugarhill Gang

Happy New Year Hoyanation, I know you've got to be excited with just one more day to go before the
Georgetown Hoyas are in action against Big East foe Marquette Warriors. Last year, December 22, 2012, is the last time the ole blue and gray hit hard wood in game mode. I enjoyed watching other teams play, but now I'm ready for my team to play.

I think the Hoyas will be anxious and ready to get out there and play competitively. I know folks are saying things, "will the the Hoyas be rusty, it's been a long lay off blah blah blah," but staying focused and hungry can make all the difference in the world. The Hoyas know there is a mission to be accomplished. They're going after and determined not to let anything get in the way. This team have been through so much, and they want to finish the job this time.

Some say the Hoyas have a chip on their shoulders, Iwhich is a great thing, but what's even greater is having two chips on both shoulders say, "I dare you to knock it off. I dare you!" This is the type of attitude, will, heart, determination and guts they have. One game at a time. Each game played to the fullest. When you want you want it, you go and get it. 

Super sophomore forward Otto Porter dubbed last season's loss at Marquette as "heartbreaking." I can dig it, so I know where he's coming from. He's ready, I can assure you of this, and I think you already know what the deal with this young man. 

It's the first Big East Conference game for the the Hoyas which happens to be a road game. Junior forward Nate Lubick had this to say about play Marquette on the road, "I think we embrace it. Being able to start Big East play with a huge win on the road can really set the tone for the season." The last three visits there have not been good for my our Hoyas, but I know they are vowing to change  this, and to break the Warriors 17 game winning streak at home on Saturday.

I can tell you this game will be a another great Big East game. I won't be doing this here at home, but I'll be doing this while watching the Hoyas on TV tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment