Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Glad the NBA season is here


GLIDE - PLEASURE


Hoyanation, 17 days left before we start chanting my favorite Hoya song, Let's Go Hoyas, Let's Go Hoyas!   I'm wondering what songs will be spinning while the Hoyas warm up.  I know the sounds will be on point before gametime so Hoyanation can groove, get loose, and rockkkkkk for the Hoya Redemption that will take place when gametime starts.  I loved to hear Kings of Leon's song Use Somebody, of course that's just one song.  I love all kinds of music, but I like how this song rocks, it gets me fired up, and I know how Hoyanation likes to rock.  I can attest to that!  I can see the student section rocking to this song.  The favorite may be Gucci, you think?  Gucci has the hypeness to get things a jumping in the Verizon too.  The songs of Midnight Madness, Empire State of Mind by Jay-z and Alicia Keys, yes, I remember that song from Midnight Madness also.  Last season I only heard one gogo song representing the nation's capital, Welcome to DC by Mambo Sauce.  Pretty nice great beat.  I'm a gogo head myself, love to represent our area and nation as well.  Everyone pretty much knows gogo is tops here with the roots of gogo originating in West Africa with stops through Latin America.  I'm thinking about all this hype music I guess because I'm hyped as I write.  I just love talking about life through basketball and Hoya ball.  Yes, it's true, I'm bleeding the blue and gray, there's no dispute about that Hoyanation.  Let's Rock! 


Use Somebody - Kings of Leon


Wasted - Gucci Mane feat. Plies

I like to give a congratulations to ex-Hoya staff member Martin Bahar. Martin joined the Princeton men's basketball staff in August 2009 as the Director of Men's Basketball Operations.


Bahar comes to Princeton after three seasons at Georgetown University under former Princeton coach and player John Thompson III. In 2008-09, Bahar served as Basketball Assistant/Film Coordinator for the Hoyas, who reached the 2008 NIT and defeated six NCAA Tournament teams in the process. As Film Coordinator, Bahar was responsible for film breakdown and exchange, the arrangement and organization of recruiting mailouts, and served as assistant camp director for John Thompson III’s Georgetown Basketball School.

From 2006-2008 at Georgetown, Bahar was the graduate manager for the back-to-back Big East Regular Season Champion Hoyas who won 58 games in two years. The 2007 Hoyas, with current Tigers head coach Sydney Johnson serving as an assistant to John Thompson III on the Georgetown coaching staff, finished 30-7 and also won the Big East Tournament en route to Georgetown’s first Final Four appearance since 1985.

Prior to his arrival at Georgetown, Bahar was a student manager at Vanderbilt University from 2002-2006. As manager, he assisted in the day-to-day operations of the basketball program for four seasons. During this time, the Commodores reached the postseason three times, highlighted by a 2004 NCAA Sweet Sixteen appearance as a #6 seed.

A native of Potomac, Md., Bahar completed a double major in communications and Spanish at Vanderbilt in 2006 and a Masters in Communications, Culture and Technology at Georgetown in 2008.

We will hold it down for you over here Martin, Hoyanation will not forget your "fire" and "energy".  Go Tigers!


Former Hoya Staff Member Martin Bahar now Director of Basketball Operations
Princeton Tigers



Princeton Tiger






Breast Cancer Awareness Month



Kent
Hoya12

No comments:

Post a Comment