Friday, November 27, 2009

Hoyanation, Hoyas detemined to skin the Leopards



GLIDEHOYAS!



THE MATCH UP: Lafayette (4-1) will take on No. 18/19 Georgetown (3-0) in the Verizon Center on Saturday in a noon tip-off. While the two schools meet in football each season, the two basketball programs have not played each other since 1979.

Lafayette is coming off of a win against Hartford Tuesday night at Lafayette's Kirby Sports Center, Easton, Pennsylvania.  The home of  great boxing champion and legend Larry Holmes.  This game will continue the Hoyas' journey of a "redemption dream season".  The Hoyas are up and ready focused and determined to give it their all for home crowd tomorrow afternoon in the nation's capital.  Hoyanation is pumped up for this game.  I've been looking and studying at so many different college games and all I can think about is my Hoyas. Hoyanation, I'm ready!  Let's all sing together Let's Go Hoyasssss!

While watching college hoops one game that stood out to me was the Minnesota vs. Butler game.  The Golden Gophers gave Butler all they could handle.  Tubby Smith's Minnesota guards "relentlessly" went inside to the bigs at will.  F/C #43 Colton Iverson's was spectacular.  With all kinds of passes, bounce passes, passes to the finger tips, passes thrown towards the basket for the bigs to go get and finish, lots of unselfish pass plays was truly fundamental.  Butler fouled frequently which put Minnesota in the bonus early in the first half.  The Minnesota guards also had nice dribble drive kick outs and passes.  The Minnesota defense did a great job filling the lanes stealing passes and making Butler put the ball on the floor.  I think this strategy was better for Minnesota which only gave Butler a two pointer instead of a three pointer. 

I woke this monring and looked out of the window, sun finally shining, thinking about Thanksgiving with my family yesterday, it was a great day, and I'm thankful I have them.  It meant so much to me.   Hoyanation, and friends, I know you felt the same.  I know some of the college athletes didn't get a chance to go home with their immediate families, but watching ESPNU last night, a Alabama football player answered a question from a reporter, "how do you feel that you can't be with your family on this day" the player's response was, "Although I cannot go home and be with my family, my teammates are my family also, we're like brothers, we are family",  when I heard this young athlete say this it made me feel a little better knowing that these college athletes had a nice Thanksgiving meal and comfort.  I hope our soldiers had a great Thanksgiving meal yesterday.  WE WILL NOT FORGET YOU!  USA!



HOYANATION ROCKS FOR OUR TROOPS!


WE ARE GEORGETOWN!
BEAT LAFAYETTE!




kb

No comments:

Post a Comment